[OS X TeX] TS syntax coloring in bbl files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed May 8 10:36:07 EDT 2013

On May 8, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:

> I opened a .bbl file in TS 3.14 and noticed that even though the file has no syntax coloring, when I create new pairs of () or {}, these are colored. When I reopen the bbl file syntax coloring is gone, but if I select manually these delimiters they get colored again, and remain colored until I close the file.  I don't remember what was the behavior in the previous versions (I don't edit bbl files by hand that often) but thought I'd report this behavior.
>
> Themis

Howdy,

The coloring of the delimiters is not part of syntax coloring but rather part of the delimiter checking code controlled by the preferences for delimiter matching; TeXShop->Preferences->Source->Parens Targets & Highlight Color and TeXShop->Preferences->Source->Parens Matching Settings. If you move the cursor away from those delimiters the coloring goes away.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)