[OS X TeX] TexLive 2012 updates?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon May 13 17:10:47 EDT 2013

On May 13, 2013, at 3:11 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> By any chance has TeX Live 2012 been frozen so that no further packages updates are being done? (Because, perhaps, TexLive 2013 is under active development.)
>
> I ask because on my system the TeX Live Utility (1.12), pointed to repository http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet, has listed no available updates over roughly the past week. Normally, I expect to see some updates nearly every day.

Howdy,

The short answer is YES. Work is progressing on TeX Live 2013 development so TeX Live 2012 is frozen.

One major new feature of TeX Live 2013 is that XeTeX is now a full 64bit application and has switched to the Harfbuz (sp?) engine. Several other major packages have been updated also.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)