[OS X TeX] navigating through the source file

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri May 17 17:27:57 EDT 2013

On May 17, 2013, at 4:10 PM, Nicolae Garleanu <garleanu at haas.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there a way to move the cursor one page up (or down) at a time on a small-format keyboard (such as on a MBA)? I tried to combine the arrow keys with any of the `special' keys, but I haven't found it. If there's none, one should be able to bind some key to the command, provided that one knows the command (I don't).
> A possibly harder one would be: is there a key combination that recanters the source window (vertically) around the cursor (thus, the line with the cursor is now in the middle of the page)?
> Thank you.
> Nicolae

Howdy,

I assume you are talking about TeXShop. If so, take a look at the Help->TeXShop Tips and Tricks document. There is a section there (3.2) that directs you to some information about setting up new commands. Two of those commands go up/down a page and recenter the cursor.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)