[OS X TeX] Scientific Wordprocessing on MacOSX

Andreas Höschler ahoesch at advanced-science.com
Fri May 17 17:39:42 EDT 2013

Hi all,

it's my take that all members of this list have an established tool chain around LaTeX and are happily using TeXShop or LyX to simplify the LaTeX typing. Nobody likes to change a running system. I nevertheless dare to recommend to at least have a quick look on Cassiopeia.

	http://www.advanced-science.com/ProductsCassiopeia.html

Cassiopeia is a scientific wordprocessing system for MacOSX featuring

• scientific word processing with focus on content
• a keystroke based equation editor (MathML content  markup)
• a symbolic algebra system
• a 2D graph module
• a simulation module
• management of documents in a relational database
• a bibliography repository
• multi user system for co-editing in a workgroup
• LaTeX export for printing
• HTML export for WWW publishing

The following youtube clips give a basic idea of what it is like to work with Cassiopeia:

• Plotting functions (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py8ZrJA7yfg)
• Solving Integrals (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C09bXmdqfZE)
• Solving Differential Equations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipq09OzROIY)
• Simulating a circuit (http://youtu.be/xHfqc6d3Pio)

Cassiopeia can be used free of charge with only minor limitations. May be this app is of use for someone on this list especially LaTeX newbies!? Otherwise excuse the noise please!

Best wishes,

  Andreas