[OS X TeX] Scientific Wordprocessing on MacOSX

Andreas Höschler ahoesch at advanced-science.com
Fri May 17 18:10:30 EDT 2013

Hi Herbert,

> I happened to see it on MacUpdate today and it peaked my curiosity. Have you actually used it?

I use it daily!

> Have you set it up to use TeX Live 2012 instead of the BasicTeX (is that included?) package?

BasicTeX is included for those that do not yet have LaTeX installed on their Mac. However, Cassiopeia can work with any LaTeX distribution. One just has to edit the two scripts

	/Library/Frameworks/SDMFoundation.framework/Resources/generateLaTeXPDF
	/Library/Frameworks/SDMFoundation.framework/Resources/generateLaTeXPDFWithIndex

that have content like

#!/bin/csh
setenv PATH /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:...
pdflatex $1
bibtex $1
pdflatex $1
pdflatex $1

and add the path to the bin directory of the LaTeX distribution in use.

Best wishes,

   Andreas