[OS X TeX] hyperref package in thesis

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Thu May 23 21:02:30 EDT 2013

Hello Bridget,

On 24/05/2013, at 10:51 AM, Bridget Kane wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've been having problems with the hyperref package in a thesis template.
>
> I label words and use \href to link back to them (internal in the document).

  \href  is for *external* URLs, not internal links.

With \href you need to give the full URL, including the  http://  prefix,
unless you have also given a location with \hyperbaseurl .

For internal links, use  \hypertarget  and  \hyperlink .

Read  hyperref  package documentation for details of the syntax;
e.g. in  The LaTeX Web Companion, Addison Wesley, 1999.

> I can compile OK - I use Tex + dvi
>
> I've also tried with Pdftex and it doesn't make any difference.
>
> The problem is that the link doesn't work.  When I hover the mouse over the word with the \href, it shadows and points as if there is a link, but nothing happens on clicking.
>
> My version of Texshop  is 3.16 and I'm using Mac OSX 10.7.5 on my Mac Book Pro (tried also on an iMac)
>
> Any help of ideas would be appreciated.
>
> thanks
>
> Bridget

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                       ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Mathematics Department                           office: E7A-206