[OS X TeX] LuaTeX and fonts

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Fri May 31 09:26:03 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm playing around with TL13 pretest and I'm having trouble with accessing fonts with LuaTeX respectively fontspec/luaotfload.

I know that luaotfload by default looks into the system's font directories. What I'm trying to do is adding FontExplorer's directory to the seatch paths. I know that there is the environment variable $OSFONTDIR, but I don't get where I can set it and how I can access it.

I tried 'export OSFONTDIR=~/FontExplorer\ X:$OSFONTDIR' in the terminal. I also added 'OSFONTDIR = /Library/Fonts//;/System/Library/Fonts;$HOME/Library/Fonts; ~/FontExplorer\ X' to /usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf.cnf

When testing this with 'echo $OSFONTDIR' or 'kpsewhich --var-value=OSFONTDIR' I get the correct output. I then run 'luaotfload-tool --update'.

When I then try to compile a short test document with TeXShop, lualatex complains that it can't find the selected font (which is in ~/FontExplorer\ X) or simply goes into an endless search.

So where am I supposed to tell lualatex once and for all where it has to look?

TIA

Simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Goethen getroffen. Beeindruckt.“ Unbekannt