[OS X TeX] LaTeXit and Keynote 6

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 11:56:19 EST 2013

On Nov 6, 2013, at 5:23 PM, Gary L. Gray <gray at psu.edu> wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2013, at 2:22 PM, Chris Goedde <cgg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Since upgrading to 10.9 and Keynote 6, I can’t drag and drop from LaTeXit to Keynote (using PDF as the format). This is on two different machines. If I drag first to the desktop, then to Keynote, it works, but straight drag doesn’t. Keynote doesn’t seem to recognize the snippet as a pdf. Are other people seeing this? Any suggestions for a workaround/fix?
>>
>> I had this same issue a few versions ago with OmniGraffle, but the Omni people fixed it in an update.
>
> I see that now too and it just plain sucks. I like the new Keynote, but this is going to be a problem.
>
> <shaking fist> Damn you Apple! </shaking fist>

What puzzles me is that Keynote properly recognizes the snippet as a PDF if you drag to the desktop first, but not if you drag straight from LaTeXit. Also, if you change the type of the snippet from PDF to tiff or jpeg, dragging straight from LaTeXit to Keynote works. So it’s not as if drag-and-drop to Keynote 6 doesn’t ever work, it’s just broken in this one case. This makes me think that Keynote is not properly recognizing the type of the snippet when dragged straight from LaTeXit. I wonder if there’s a fix that could be applied to LaTeXit.

BTW, copy and paste (cmd-c, cmd-v) works directly from LaTeXit to Keynote 6, so that’s probably a better workaround than dragging to the desktop.

Chris