[OS X TeX] Mountain Lion neither makefile nor latex command functions

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 13 05:49:38 EST 2013

Am 13.11.2013 um 01:00 schrieb NMPOST7:

> I think it is written in c. I do not have it on my mac
> Here is the link
>
> http://malayalam.sarovar.org/install.html

Now that you have a working Xcode, what keeps you from building and installing the mal processor on your Mac?

I looked into the archive, malayalam-0.9.6.tar.gz. IMO you should tell the script install.sh that your actual texdir is /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local and maldir is /usr/local/share/malayalam. The setting for bindir can be left as /usr/local/bin. /usr/local/bin is also in PATH by default.

The necessary binaries can built as mortal user, but the install.sh script needs to be run with elevated privileges, i.e., as "sudo ./install.sh".

Installing the TeX files in the /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local branch allows you to use this installation with every release of TeX Live, which can be found in /usr/local/texlive/<year>.

If you're uncertain of what to do or run into problems you can send me private eMails. Then I'll try to build and install the software myself and see how to solve this problem.

I am still on Snow Leopard so it's possible that I might not hit some subtleties…

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
				– Garfield