[OS X TeX] Mountain Lion neither makefile nor latex command functions

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 13 09:40:29 EST 2013

Am 13.11.2013 um 14:54 schrieb NMPOST7:

> Thank you very much for your generosity. I am willing to give it another hand,
> if I know in advance every single step of the installation.

Once you out-pack the archive you can find the files INSTALL and README.

> (it is the fear of messing up my system that dominates my thinking)

Perform a backup with TimeMachine before. If your system gets "messed up" then you can just reinstall Mountain Lion from a bootable disk you have to build from the Mountain Lion install image and then reinstall all personal and other software things from the backup.

This is something a man has to do from time to time! (To lose fear.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

Well begun is half done.