[OS X TeX] Problem with font AND TeX distribution pref pane

Stephen Anderson sra at yale.edu
Thu Nov 14 15:27:31 EST 2013

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:48:04 -0600, Herbert Schulz said:

> I find it hard to believe you can't get the fonts from <http://www.yale.edu/universityprinter/typeface/typeface.html>. I'm not there so I can't but you are. Are they really that ancient that .ttf or .otf versions aren't available? Those versions can be used on Mac OS X.

Well, I found it hard to believe too, but it’s true.  So far all they have for Macs is the old .suit files plus Postscript outline versions.  I have written to the maintainer, and he says they’re working on .otf versions, but no estimate of when.  They have .ttf versions for a limited subset, prepared for PCs, but they don’t have all I need even in that form.

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 00:29:00 +0100, Peter Dyballa said:

> You did not answer whether Font Book shows fonts from YaleAdmin-Roman.suit.

Actually, I did:

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:45:35 -0800, Michael Sharpe said:

> If you want otf or ttf, there is a free conversion site running FontForge at http://www.fontconvert.org

Did you mean font converter.org?  I’ve tried that one (and a few others) and none of them seem to be able to do anything with my .suit files.

--

Steve Anderson