[OS X TeX] Open quickly in Texshop doesn't work

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Wed Oct 23 13:23:33 EDT 2013

On Oct 23, 2013, at 7:53 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2013, at 11:20 PM, Dilan Fernando <eddfernando at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am having trouble using 'open quickly' in TexShop. It says
>> that "Apple script error. The variable texpath is not defined".
>> Can anybody kindly tell me how to fix this?. I am using texshop
>> 3.25 the latest version on mountain lion. Thanks.
>>
>> Dilan Fernando.
>> University of Missouri-Columbia.
>

> Howdy,
>
> The Open Quickly (I may have changed it's name to Open Fast… on my system) needs to have a file open and then it displays other files in the same folder as that file. E.g., other files associated with that project. Did you already have a file open?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

The script has different problems on my machine (Mavericks, TeXShop 3.25)---it puts up a list of tex and pdf files in the folder of the frontmost document but will not open the selected files (applescript timeout error). There is a way to fix this error, a known TeXShop Applescript issue. I just posted a corrected version at

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3825336/TeX/index.html

Michael