[OS X TeX] typing em dash (---)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Sep 16 05:40:07 EDT 2013

Am 16.09.2013 um 05:53 schrieb Nicolae Garleanu:

> My question is how I can ensure I get the long dash in the output.

Are you using an \usepackage[…]{inputenc}? Which one? Is TeXShop using the same encoding? Are you also using an \usepackage[…]{fontenc}? Which one?

A minimal example could be fine… to explain why the emdash vanishes. I think since Snow Leopard the System Preferences allow to set up substitutions from --- to — or … to … etc. I think this can be switched off in TeXShop:

	Edit -> Substitutions -> Show Substitutions

--
Greetings

  Pete

And always remember the last words of my grandfather, who said: “A truck!”
				— Emo Phillips