[OS X TeX] Changing dvips-distiller configuration

Dennis Kletzing dkletzing at cfl.rr.com
Mon Sep 16 09:57:48 EDT 2013

Hi:

I want to add some information to the TeX + dvips + distiller entry in the TeXShop Preferences panel to changed how it prepares the pdf but don't know what to add.

I'm running TeXShop version 2.46 (part of MacTeX2011) on OS 10.8.4 using the TeX and DVI engine, since there a lot of old eps files. TeXShop first uses dvips to prepare the .ps file which it then distills using pstopdf to get the pdf. The information currently in my Preferences panel for TeX + dvips + distiller is

simpdftex latex --maxpfb --extratexopts "-file-line-error -synctex=1" --distiller ps2pdf

I want to change this so that the .ps file is prepared using my printer, call it Printer A, and then distills it using Adobe Distiller with a specific set of job options, say myoptions.joboptions. Printer A is a ppd file that commercial printers use for high-end printing. It's installed as one of the printers on my system. Does anyone know how to change the TeX + dvips + distiller line to make this happen? Thanks.
--
Dennis