[OS X TeX] Changing dvips-distiller configuration

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Sep 16 10:45:44 EDT 2013

On Sep 16, 2013, at 9:38 AM, Dennis Kletzing <dkletzing at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Herb:
>
> I'm not sure how Printer A is applied to the dvi file. When the dvi window in Textures is active, choose Print, select Printer A, select Print to PS, then print. The .ps file I got was spot on. I've looked through these .ps files and they come out correctly. I just thought that somehow TeXShop is creating a .ps file and that it might be possible to use another printer instead of what it usually does to create the.ps file. As for Adobe Distiller I don't know anything about calling it from the command line.
> --
> Dennis

Howdy,

By default simpdftex removes the .ps file after ps2pdf creates the .pdf from it. It's beginning to sound like all you want is the .ps file. To do that check the `Save Postscript File' box in TeXShop->Preferences->Engine->TeX + dvips + distiller. It may be possible to use the Adobe Distiller instead of ps2pdf IF you know exactly how you want it invoked from the command line.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)