[OS X TeX] bbedit and xelatex

Paul McCann paul.mccann at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Sep 17 03:55:44 EDT 2013

Scot Mcphee <scot.mcphee at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's the same text (more or less) that's in the manual I linked: I don't follow entirely what it is saying?

My understanding is that it's just saying that clicking the "Configure
for external editor" preference causes TeXShop to relinquish all the
editing duties to another application, and TeXShop will take care of
the typesetting side of things. That is, edit away in your editor of
choice, and switch to TeXShop to do the compilation stage. You can,
for example, just click on the pdf and hit "command-T". This simply
typesets the current version of the associated tex file. Not terribly
fancy, but there are hooks available (as described in the help pages)
for more sophisticated interaction.

Cheers,
Paul