[OS X TeX] latexit-keynote linkback

Gary L. Gray gray at psu.edu
Tue Apr 1 15:05:26 EDT 2014

On Apr 1, 2014, at 9:06 AM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:

> Since I did a fresh install on one of my computers my workflow between keynote and latexit is partially broken. With older keynote files that contain latexit equation I can drag-and-drop the pdf image of the equation to paste the image and the source in the latexit window. But with fresh equations this does not work: when I drag-and-drop onto latexit, only the pdf image of the equation is pasted but not the source. I guess  I need to install the link back plugin. I found this link (http://www.linkbackproject.org), downloaded and installed the keynote 4 plugin hoping it would fix things, but it did not. Any suggestions?

I just posted the following to the MacTeX list run by TUG.

I am running LaTeXiT 2.6.0b16 and Keynote 6.1 under OS X 10.9.2. It seems that if my preferences in LaTeXiT are set to:

Export format of images: PDF with outlined fonts

then dragging the proxy icon for a LaTeXiT image previously placed Keynote back to LaTeXiT only places the image in LaTeXiT and not the source. On the other hand, if I have my LaTeXiT preferences set to:

Export format of images: PDF vector format

then dragging the proxy icon for a LaTeXiT image previously placed Keynote back to LaTeXiT does also place the original source in LaTeXiT. Can anyone reproduce this?

Note that I have to restart LaTeXiT between preference changes for them to apply.

Gary