[OS X TeX] Wrapping around block inside quote environment

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Fri Apr 18 18:49:43 EDT 2014

Hello John,

On 19/04/2014, at 2:30 AM, John B. Thoo wrote:

> Hi, everyone.
>
> I'm sorry to bother y'all with a non-Mac-specific question, but googling didn't help me.
>
> I am quoting a block of text [1] using \begin{quote} ... \end{quote}.  The quoted text includes a simple graphic that I've drawn using tikz, but I cannot seem to wrap the text around it inside the quote environment as it appears in [1].

Not all that surprising really, as both the {quote}
and {quotation} environments already try to adjust
the normal paragraph layout, as do {wrapfig} and {picinpar}.
So combining these would be most awkward.

My advice would be to stick to just one of the latter,
and include extra markup to try to emulate what the
quote environments do.

Or try using {minipage} to narrow the width,
with {wrapfig} or {picinpar} inside, for the wrapping.

> [1] Euclid's Elements, Green Lion Press (2003), pp. 158--159.
>
> I tried wrapfig and picinpar that are suggested in The LaTeX Companion, but I could not get them to work correctly.  Can you help?  TIA.
>
> ---John.
>
> (I receive the digest of this mailing list.)

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                       ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Mathematics Department                           office: E7A-206