[OS X TeX] Font with support for french punctuation

Jean-Claude DE SOZA jeanclaudedesoza at orange.fr
Mon Apr 28 03:11:58 EDT 2014

Bonjour Axel,

Sorry for my late answer!

First a short course of French punctuation: you must insert a space before a double punctuation symbol  : ; ? !  but the space before is thinner then a normal espace.

Only the babel package with frenchb option or the e-french package can make the space before thinner then the normal space.

Try adding \usepackage[frenchb]{babel} or \usepackage[]{french} in the preamble and you will be O.K.
When commenting or uncommenting this line, you will see the difference.

You can obtain the e-french package (formerly French package from Bernard Gaulle) on CTAN.

Jean-Claude DE SOZA
jeanclaudedesoza at orange.fr