[OS X TeX] A heretic thought

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Mon Aug 4 17:29:33 EDT 2014

On 08/04/2014 03:43 PM, George Gratzer wrote:

> I started working on the 5th edition of /More Math into LaTeX/.
>
> And I have a thought. What would happen if  write
>
> Tex
>
> and
>
> LaTex
>
> no fancy staff. Would it not look nicer?

No. I would not buy it just for that. For me, it would be a disrespect
for the work of Knuth, Lamport, and the LaTeX3 team.

That's the only thing I dislike about Texmaker (which I write TeXmaker
anyway) ---I recommend it a lot, but don't use it myself (I only use
Emacs on GNU/Linux and TeXShop on Mac OS X).

Best

Axel