[OS X TeX] Invalid character in TS source

Greg St. George gstgeorge at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 19:40:01 EDT 2014

Actually there are invisible characters which can mess up the TeX run which
still do not appear when you turn on 'Show Invisible Characters'.  I find
them the same way Gary does, though I usually use AlphaX rather than
BBedit.  There they appear as little squares, so I can't tell you exactly
what they are, but when I delete them TeX (or in my case, XeLaTeX) is happy
enough to run again.   Not a big deal, but this combination has the
potential to be a bit of a problem for newbies, I think.

Greg (St. George)