[OS X TeX] Artifacts in preview window

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Aug 8 12:28:33 EDT 2014

On Aug 8, 2014, at 12:21 AM, Warren Nagourney <wna at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> In an unrelated area, my Macbook has recently become somewhat unstable. After a year of no crashes at all, I am now getting a complete freeze every couple of weeks. While using TeXshop on my book today, the session suddenly quit, forcing me to re-login. Usually, everything (including the mouse pointer and clock) just freezes, requiring a reboot. I am hoping it is not a hardware issue (I don't have Applecare). Sorry for the off topic query.
>
> Warren Nagourney

Howdy,

I have had either my Bluetooth Keyboard or Magic Trackpad or Both freeze up on Wake After Sleep under OS X 10.9.x (don't remember if it also happened under 10.8). Sometimes switching them off until the OS notices and then switching them back on fixes things but I've had a few freezes like that and I had to force a power-down and restart to resolve things. For now I have my iMac set to blank the display after 40 non-active minutes and never let the system sleep; so far no problems.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)