[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.39

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Aug 12 14:18:54 EDT 2014

On Aug 12, 2014, at 1:05 PM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:

> I like the new logo!
>
> It seems that each time I update TS the document icons get confused (TS files are assigned to TextWrangler) and I have to safe-boot to correct the problem. The fix is easy enough but I am wondering if this something that can be fixed in the app itself.
>
> Themis

Howdy,

I get this almost every time I update TeXShop. I've been using Mavericks Cache Cleaner (Light Cleaning but all three check-boxes checked) and that fixes it; it forces rebuilding of the LaunchServices database. Most likely does what a Safe Boot does. On very rare occasions I have had to run it twice.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)