[OS X TeX] location of texshop.app

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Aug 20 08:14:18 EDT 2014

On Aug 20, 2014, at 4:44 AM, Doris Behrendt <doris.behrendt at me.com> wrote:

> hi list,
>
> some months ago i updated texshop, put it in /Applications/TeX
> yesterday i installed the actual version of the distribution, updating also texshop; i see that texshop.app was put in /Applications, not in the subfolder /Applications/TeX;
>
> now i wonder if the location of texshop.app is relevant and which one will be used from now on? (i guess the newer?)
>
> tia
> doris

Howdy,

What do you mean by ``yesterday I installed the actual version of the distribution''? What distribution? If you installed MacTeX it should install TeXShop in /Applications/TeX.

On the other hand, it really only matters that TeXShop.app is installed in /Applications or a sub-folder of /Applications. However, it's best not to have more than one copy of TeXShop.app.

What OS version are you running?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)