[OS X TeX] My next book has been created with TeX...

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Dec 9 18:01:04 EST 2014

> On Dec 9, 2014, at 4:08 PM, Gerben Wierda <gerben.wierda at rna.nl> wrote:
>
> Hello fellow-TeXusiasts,
>
> My previous book (Mastering ArchiMate) had to be done in Adobe InDesign. But my next book (Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture), to be released in January, has been typeset with TeX (using ConTeXt), character protrusion and all.
>
> See http://enterprisechess.com/ for the first announcements.

> PS. And our gardener is still Mr. Knuth. Really :-)

Howdy,

A welcome blast from the past!!!

Hope all is well with you and the family.

For those relatively new to this list and TeX on the Mac, Gerben put together a TeX distribution, based on a redistribution of teTeX with additions, during the early years of OS X which eventually grew into MacTeX.

Too bad the first book needed to be done in inDesign. However, if I'm not mistaken, Adobe ``borrowed'' algorithms for paragraph formatting from TeX so there is a small connection.

Glad to hear this one is done with TeX.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)