[OS X TeX] My next book has been created with TeX...

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Dec 9 20:31:44 EST 2014

> On Dec 9, 2014, at 7:16 PM, Ettore Aldrovandi <ealdrov at mail.math.fsu.edu> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 9, 2014, at 20:03, Alain Schremmer <schremmer.alain at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Isn't Wierda the author of SyncTeX?
>>
>> Regards
>> --schremmer
>>

> It’s Jérôme Laurens, as far as I remember.
>
> Again, if memory doesn’t fail me, with Wierda they authored the system of symlinks that points to /usr/texbin  plus the distribution switch.
>
> —Ettore

Howdy,

Jérome Laurens did write synctex (and the pdfsync package before that). He also worked on TeXShop, in the early days, and wrote iTeXMac, YAFE (Yet Another Front End) to TeX. Finally he put together the TeX Distribution Preference Pane; and hopefully is working on a fix for Yosemite. :-)

Both Gerben and Jérome worked on the TeX Distribution structure used by MacTeX to allow for changing of active TeX distribution.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)