[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility - fails to update infrastructure - cannot find TeX Live root

Juergen Fenn schneeschmelze at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 29 14:06:47 EST 2014

> is there a real need to grab the one from tlcritical? If you haven't already
> obtained the present version from the TeX Live repository because of
> the problem with the script you can get it by running
>
> sudo tlmgr update --self
>
> in Terminal---giving your admin password when requested. Once that
> is done don't worry about it and you can do all the rest of the updates
> using TLU.

Yes, but we should add that you might like to set

sudo tlmgr option repository http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet

first, otherwise you'll get the message

tlmgr: Your installation is set up to look on the disk for updates.

by default.

After that, it works, and you can use TLU again. Thx.

Regards,
Jürgen.