[OS X TeX] preview on TS

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Dec 30 12:40:00 EST 2014

> On Dec 30, 2014, at 11:09 AM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu> wrote:
>
> I am working on a book manuscript which involves a number of source files linked via TEXROOT=.  I opened one of these source files by selecting text in the pdf document (via command-click) while the pdf was in full screen mode.  This brought up the individual source file also in full screen mode.  I can get the pdf view out of full screen via escape, but can see no way of taking the source file out of full screen mode:  the tool bar at the top only allows for typeset, program, print, macros, tags, templates on the left, and share source or split screen on the right.  Escape has no effect, and I can't do anything to get out of that full screen view (for the course code) except to return to the pdf (via command-1) and then proceed from there.  Is this (a) a bug and (b) anything I can correct by the appropriate workaround?

Howdy,

What OS version are you using and what TS version are you using?

Assuming you're using Yosemite and a recent version of TeXShop (3.48.1 is the latest version) the meaning of the ``maximize/minimize'' (green) button has changed to go into full screen mode and back. Once in full screen mode you need to move the mouse to the top of the window for the buttons and menu bar to appear. Then click on the green button to get back to normal.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)