[OS X TeX] pgfplotstable - problem reading from file

Tue Jan 21 06:53:51 EST 2014

Hi,
I am trying to use pgfplotstable and it works fine if I use the attached tex file with the exampel1.dat. If I however try to use it with the file test.dat I get the following error: “Undefined control sequence \pgfplotstabletypeset[test.dat}"

I file is usually stored in UTF-8 but I have also saved it as ASCII but that did not help.
I have also deleted most of the file content (all comments and all but three rows and five columns)
I have also tried to use comma instead of tabs to separate the data.

Thanks for any input in advance.
Ben