[OS X TeX] Writing a book
will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Jan 30 13:24:36 EST 2014
On Jan 30, 2014, at 12:33 PM, Paul Dulaney wrote:
> Why would a publisher say he can't handle LaTeX? Isn't it just a matter of handling the resultant PDF file?
A publisher expects to be able to:
- control the design / format / appearance of the book
- edit the text of the book to conform to their house style
A raw .pdf file isn't well-suited for that. You basically have three choices:
- find a publisher who groks LaTeX
- find a publisher who will allow you to do all the work of production, including copy-editing --- the publisher will expect to be able to provide you w/ a book design / typesetting specification and have you apply that to the manuscript. You'll then need to nicely typeset the pages
- allow the publisher to convert your book from LaTeX to some other format and produce it manually
senior graphic designer
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.
More information about the MacOSX-TeX