[OS X TeX] Macro(s) for using Excalibur with TeXShop?

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Mon Jul 14 19:01:17 EDT 2014

On Jul 14, 2014, at 3:48 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> But the document is first Saved by TeXShop so any changes will be to the last TeXShop changes. I guess you might go back to TeXShop and change the file while it's open in Excalibur. I wonder if Excalibur would pick up the changes; possibly not. But that would be sort of unusual and you could do that even if TeXShop was closed.
>
> By the way, since the updates happen automatically when you save the file in Excalibur there isn't even the need to have the
>
> open -a TeXShop "$1"
>
> line.

It was the possibility of the user going back to TeXShop before exiting from Excalibur that I was thinking about. Certainly, if you do save instead of close, you don't need the open -a line, except perhaps as a safety in case a user closed the document in TeXShop while Excalibur was still not finished. Not very likely, I would suppose, and not disastrous in any case. That line does however serve to bring TeXShop to the front and set the focus on the correct document.

Michael