[OS X TeX] Macro(s) for using Excalibur with TeXShop?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jul 16 12:31:57 EDT 2014

On Jul 16, 2014, at 7:46 AM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2014, at 11:28 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> Can folks that use Excalibur let me know how they work with it?
>>

> Herb,
>
> I use the following applescript from the Macros tab in TS. It assumes that the source file is open. At the end of the spell check and while Excalibur is still active, choose Save from Excalibur’s window. This will save the changes and will updated the TS source file (no need to close and re-open the source, as in the olden days). Let me know if you have any problems with the macro.
>
> Themis
>
> PS: I forget who to credit for the original version of the macro, but it did come from this list.
>

> -- Applescript direct
>
> tell application "TeXShop"
> 	activate
> 	get path of document of window 1
> 	set fileName to result
> end tell
> do shell script "open -a " & "/Applications/TeX//Excalibur-4.0.7/Excalibur.app " & quoted form of fileName

Howdy,

Thanks for the reply. It's very similar to the one supplied by Michael Sharpe which uses a variable supplied by TeXShop.

Those folks interested in using Applescript for macros within TeXShop should take a look at Help->Notes on Applescript in TeXShop by Michael Sharpe. It gives lots of information on what variables TeXShop supplies as well as dealing with path variables, etc.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)