[OS X TeX] Installing MacTeX 2014 after the pretest was installed

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 16:07:36 EDT 2014

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 10:27:45 -0500, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On Jun 15, 2014, at 12:31 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The release of MacTeX 2014 seems to be immanent. What should one do when installing it if he has already installed a pretest version?
>>
>> In particular, should the pretest /usr/local/texlive/2013 be deleted first?  what about any pretest versions of GUI apps in Applications/TeX?
>>
>> (I still have texlive 2013 as a fall-back in case of difficulty.)
>

> Just change the repository in TLU to the non-pretest one you used before and there should be no need to do anything else. Did you keep the pretest up to date until the freeze?...

I think I kept the pretest up-to-date before the freeze. I just ran TLU again (with TL 2014 as active and regular, not pretest, repository) and found just 3 updates:

  texlive-de
  texlive-docindex
  texlive-msg-translations

---
Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101		Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334