[OS X TeX] texshop and lualatex

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Fri Jun 27 14:34:50 EDT 2014

Doris,

The Typeset menu in TeXShop only shows build-in engine files,
because otherwise it would grow too large, and because almost
everyone typesets by just selecting Typeset or using its keyboard
equivalent.

By default, there is a Typeset button and corresponding pulldown
menu in the Source Window. This pulldown menu shows all engines,
as you report, and can be used to initially choose a different engine.

(Here comes the useful fact!) There is a corresponding Typeset
button and pulldown menu for the Preview window. These tools aren't
in the Preview window by default, but can be dragged there by
choosing "Customize Toolbar" in the Window menu while the
Preview menu is active. When you use an external editor, these
tools should be activated that way.

Dick Koch