[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.45 - line number lag when scrolling source

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 4 21:12:38 EST 2014

I’m running Yosemite, and I did this fix as described in release notes:

defaults write TeXShop FixLineNumberScroll NO
defaults write TeXShop SourceScrollElasticity NO

I’m still getting a slight but noticeable lag in the line numbers when scrolling the source with my magic mouse.

On a positive note, it’s nice to get rid of that elasticity property. I wish I could do that in Safari as well.

I also tried

defaults write TeXShop FixPreviewBlur YES

This may make a slight improvement in the PDF viewer, and actually it looks pretty good. What is this hidden preference doing on the code level? How is this different than playing with the level of antialiasing?

Richard Séguin