[OS X TeX] icon weirdness

Alan Bowen bowenalan03 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 12:15:38 EST 2014

There was a brief time a few iterations of TeXShop ago and while still on
Mavericks that I actually had files with the new TeXShop icon. But now,
with the latest TeXSHop and Yosemite, even after rebuilding Launch
Services, I only get the old TeXShop icon. And that by the way  only if the
file is in icon view. In list view, the file itself has the Text Wrangler
icon, though the file’s information window (command-I) shows the old icon.
(Disk Utility reports that all is OK, by the way.)

Weird to say the least. Any ideas about where the problem lies and how to
resolve this?

Alan