[OS X TeX] Fusion drives and typeset speed

pbjacob pbjacob86 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 11:37:59 EST 2014

Hi !

> On Nov 26, 2014, at 12:27 AM, Richard Seguin <riseguin at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> You mean that a fusion drive is more likely to fail and/or if it fails it’s more likely to fail catastrophically?

Yes, I’ m afraid. When using fusion drive, your datas are stored in a very special way which is different from the traditional way. Your OS system is always detecting your operation, and always moving your datas between the two hard drives. They are not moving quite silently and slowly and you can not even notice the process. I read an article about the fusion drive, it said that the datas are cut into very small pieces when being moved. So once anything goes wrong, it’s almost impossible to repair.