[OS X TeX] Fusion drives and typeset speed

John Coxon john at johncoxon.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 12:19:32 EST 2014

Any drop in reliability is presumably because two hard drives are more likely to experience one failure. You need a backup with either a Fusion Drive or a standard HDD, so it's pretty academic either way. I haven't seen any articles claiming Fusion Drives are highly unreliable or very prone to data loss.

AnandTech (one of the best hardware criticism websites) wrote a pretty good explanation/review of the Fusion Drive, here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6679/a-month-with-apples-fusion-drive

—
Sent from Mailbox