[OS X TeX] Character encoding in Excalibur

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Oct 11 13:10:15 EDT 2014

On Oct 11, 2014, at 11:51 AM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:

> My source file (encoding = UTF-8 Unicode) contains names like Erdős,  but when I spell-check with Excalibur the name is read as "Erd≈ös", which is taken to be  two words, Erd and ös. Does anyone know if it is possible to make Excalibur aware of the correct encoding?
>
> Themis

Howdy,

As far as I can tell Excalibur doesn't ``understand'' anything but ascii or, at the most, MacOSRoman. It appears that cocoAspell works fine for the file; i.e., it treats Erdős as a single word---and spelling error since it's a Proper Name and not in the dictionary I use..

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)