[OS X TeX] Skim font smoothing problem with Yosemite

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Sat Oct 25 11:53:41 EDT 2014

> On Oct 25, 2014, at 11:37 AM, William Slough <wslough at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> […] Now, having updated to Mavericks in late August, I'm now
> seeing various artifacts in PDF files I'm generating from LaTeX.  I
> can't make it happen on demand, but it does happen with some
> regularity that one or two lines of my otherwise nice-looking output
> is messed up.  Scrolling up or down and/or zooming in or out fixes it,
> but it would be much better if I didn't have to do this.

This is a Mavericks problem. I saw it in Texshop with the native previewer, and also in Preview. In my case the bad lines would disappear if I scrolled one way (up or down, I forget) and reappear if I scrolled the other way. I’ve been on Yosemite for a couple days now and I don’t see this problem any more. Perhaps one reason why you should update :)

Themis