[OS X TeX] Icons for .tex files became generic doc type

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 17:14:17 EDT 2014

Herbert Schulz wrote
> ...You can at least make it look a bit better than generic document icons
> or BBEdit icons, etc. Download QLColorCode.qlgenerator.zip from
> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10932738/index.html>. Unzip it
> and double click it to install; install for personal use (i.e., it will
> get put in ~/Library/QuickLook rather than /Library/QuickLook). Check `
> Show Icon Preview' for any Folder that contains .tex documents by opening
> that folder and choosing Finder's View->Show View Options (Cmd-J). At
> least you'll get a nice icon that says it's a .tex document.

After I download and unzip QLColorCode.qlgenerator.zip and then double-click
QLColorCode.qlgenerator, all that happens is that a Terminal window opens at
location QLColorCode.qlgenerator (i.e., I'm now inside the directory
constituting the package, so that if I execute "ls" I obtain item Contents.
I'm given no choice of whether to install for personal use or otherwise; and
nothing is added to ~/Library/QuickLook or /Library/QuickLook.