[OS X TeX] Icons for .tex files became generic doc type

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 21:07:31 EDT 2014

Herbert Schulz wrote
> On Sep 7, 2014, at 4:25 PM, Murray Eisenberg <

> murrayeisenberg@

> > wrote:
>
>> OK, [QLColorCode.qlgenerato] slightly improves things. But of course it's
>> still hard to see at a
>> quick glance at icons which files are .tex files (at least on my iMac's
>> 27"
>> screen and default font sizes for Finder).
>
> ... Even at small sizes of the icon I can clearly see the word TeX and it
> doesn't look blank (i.e., a default document) or BBEdit document.
>
> You may have to log out and back in to activate that QuickLook item.

The proper QuickLook rendering for .tex files is there: If I view a folder
in Icon view, than it shows a page with the round "TeX" icon and text "TEX"
at the bottom. But in List view -- and that's where I usually am, on my 17"
screen the contents of that icon is nearly invisible to my old eyes. The
TeXShop icon was not!