[OS X TeX] TS Preview window

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Tue Sep 9 06:54:30 EDT 2014

On Sep 8, 2014, at 5:52 PM, Chris Goedde <cgg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2014, at 2:56 PM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:
>
>> The option  “Remember last position on close” (Texshop/Preferences/Preview) seems to work only when you double-click the root file that is associated with the pdf preview. If I open a secondary source file that calls the root file via %!TEX root = root.tex, the preview window always appears in the middle of the screen, no matter where I move it before closing again.
>>
>> (Texshop 3.41).
>
> This is not my experience (same version); works the same as it always has here—correctly.
>
> Chris

These screen shots show the problem (I get it consistently on two different computers). I open the root file, move the preview window to the left and quit TS. When I reopen, it opens on the left as it should (first screen shot). I quit TS and open ch1.tex, which is included in the root via an \include command and contains the line %!TEX root = root.tex. This opens root.pdf in the middle of the screen.  It doesn’t matter where I move the preview, next time I open ch1.tex it will be placed in the middle.

Themis