[OS X TeX] Reproducible bug in TS 3.42

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 24 11:40:05 EDT 2014

On 24/09/14 00:44, R Martinez wrote:
> I don't question the existence of this bug, though I have never encountered it. But, really, how many people would it affect? What you are doing seems, shall we say, unusual. So allow me to dissent: I would assign a very low priority to the correction of this bug, if correction were called for.

I find this bug very easy to trigger. Once you have used the select tool
in the preview window, you can either

- go to *any* other app and choose "hide others" in the app menu
(alt-cmd-H); then go back to TeXShop via whatever method
(dock, launchpad, command line...)

- or simply inside TeXShop choose "Hide TeXShop" (cmd-H) and then open
it again

TeXShop then becomes unusable. All windows are garbled, not only the
source and preview windows and "About TeXShop", but also the windows
opened by items from the help menu.

--
Martin