[OS X TeX] .tex icons

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Apr 5 16:09:58 EDT 2015

> On Apr 5, 2015, at 10:31 AM, George Gratzer <gratzer at me.com> wrote:
>
> All of a sudden, all my .tex icons disappeared. All my .tex files, I’m told, will be opened with
> TeX.mdimporter. The "Open with” list does not contain TeXShop. If I force it with
> “All Applications” ,  "Open with” changes to TeXShop. Then I click on “Change All…”
> and I’m back where I started.
>
> Also, during this process, the Finder becomes non responsive.
>
> Any way out?
>
> GG

Howdy,

This is amazing!!! EXACTLY the same thing happened to me on my MacBook Air!!! I've done all sorts of stuff, including what you tried---with the same outcome, and none of it seems to work.

On the other hand, double clicking a .tex document still opens it in TeXShop and I'll just have to ignore the icon issue until a solution is found.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)