[OS X TeX] OS X 10.10.3

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Apr 8 18:54:03 EDT 2015

Howdy,

Installed 10.10.3 and several of the worst problems I've experienced seem to have been fixed.

The most important as far as TeX is concerned is that PSFKit seems to work properly now on non-Retina displays. No more fuzziness. One thing to note: if you set the hidden preference FixPreviewBlur in TeXShop things seem to be over-corrected now; if you set it you should un-set it using

defaults write TeXShop FixPreviewBlur NO

in Terminal with TeXShop not running.

As an aside, my multiple problems with Mail.app seem to have been fixed but I'll continue to check as time goes on.

I do not know if the deeper problem with environment passing to sub processes that start with GUI applications has been fixed.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)