[OS X TeX] Stupid question about the TS editor

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Tue Aug 4 12:56:46 EDT 2015

I am working on a book-length project, and using full screen (on the TexShop editor and preview) for the pdf output, in a 2-page display.  I have gotten used to using the up/down keys to advance within the Preview, but recently, this is not working--when I hit the down key I get a bell and no advance.  Of course I can move the cursor to the top of the screen and, if I am agile enough, get the  toolbar, where I can advance/go back to either the immediate next/previous page or toe the next/previous page selected by my viewing history.  But once I move to the new page, I have to work again to get the toolbar.

So my question is, what controls whether I can use the up/down keys on my keyboard to advance or move back one pair of pages when in full screen/two-page format in preview?

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155