[OS X TeX] preview on TS

David Derbes loki at uchicago.edu
Thu Jan 1 19:57:37 EST 2015

The new Experiment panel is working well on my ancient (early 2008) Mac Pro, running Mavericks (10.9.5), TeXShop 3,39 and the most recent TeXLive (I think 2014).

I didn’t know about this feature before this thread, but it’s going to be very helpful. With a colleague I’m putting together what will be a large book, probably in excess of 650 pp, and if I have to do the entire compile every time, it becomes time-consuming. At the moment my part of the document is a mere 85 pages, and the compile time isn’t anything to worry about,  but it’s going to get a lot longer. The new panel will help a lot..

My thanks to Dick Koch and the rest of the TeXShop team who implemented and designed this very useful feature!

David Derbes
U of Chicago Laboratory Schools