[OS X TeX] XQuartz 2.7.7 and Inkscape and TeXShop

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Sat Jan 31 10:20:27 EST 2015

> On Jan 31, 2015, at 00:23, Don Green Dragon <fergdc at shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> affect TeX, LaTeX, and TeXShop. So I’m asking for information here because there is no way that I want to screw up TeX and company.
>
> So . . . are there any precautions to be made with respect to this XQuartz stuff?

No. Inkscape is telling you to log out after installing XQuartz, because doing so updates the DISPLAY variable, which Inkscape needs, since it runs on XQuartz (well, on X11).

—Ettore

Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University
1017 Academic Way                *    http://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA * * aldrovandi at math dot fsu dot edu