[OS X TeX] varioref produces "unstable" text passages

BenJ ben-jutten at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 13 01:27:03 EDT 2015

Varioref produces unstable output in a one-sided document.
I use \documentclass[doc]{apa6} which is supposed to be single sided and one
column.
Varioref treats it as a two-sided document with \reftextface...macros.
The workaround I found was \setboolean{@twoside}{false}
(NB varioref includes package {ifthen})
It solved my problem.

The source of the problem I cannot detect
it is either documentclass not setting @twoside to false or setting it true
or some other package is touching @twoside in the wrong way.

Note that I use a document a template in line with longsample.tex for apa
documents

The work around is already a great relief

Ben